The Role of the Governing Body is to help Shiplake CE Primary School provide the best possible education for the children.
Shiplake is a voluntary Aided School, established by the Church (the buildings and land are owned by the Diocese in Oxford as opposed to the Local Authority who own community schools) and as such the Governors have much greater responsibilities than in community schools, for example, the Governors are the legal employers of the staff. Other responsibilities include:
· Thinking and working strategically to achieve high standards
· Monitoring and evaluating progress towards targets
· Supporting the Headteacher and staff
· Accountability to all stakeholders (children, parents, community) for overall performance and decisions.
There are 16 full Governors, each of whom is a representative from a different body and have full voting rights, and one Associate Governor. The Associate Governor does not have voting rights.
Governors work as members of committees and panels to make ongoing decisions that are delegated by the Full Governing Body. The committees and panels are:
· Performance and Standards Committee
· Resources Committee
· Admissions Panel
· Dismissal Appeals Panel
· Pupil Discipline Panel
· Performance Management Panel
· Pay Policy Panel
Clerk to Governing Body : Mrs Michelle Harris (email contact : email@example.com)
If you are interested in becoming a Governor of our school please contact the School Office who will inform you about current vacancies and give you more information about the role.