The health, safety and wellbeing of our school community is extremely important to us and we are doing all we possibly can to follow the advice and guidance issued by professional bodies.
The latest information from Public Health England can be accessed here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#returning-travellers
In line with this guidance we would ask that anyone who has returned from the listed areas please refrain from coming into school for the following 14 days.
This guidance is based on the recommendations of the UK Chief Medical Officers.
Additional information – source NHS England (10th March 2020)
Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
In line with our increased hand hygiene routines across the school, we will be asking all visitors to either wash your hands in the accessible toilet area or use the hand sanitiser when you enter and again when you leave the school – many thanks for your co-operation with this